It is a typical dish of the towns of the region of Castilla y León. Its origin is linked to farm workers. It is a dish associated with the traditions of the Camino de Santiago at the time of Easter.
The recipe varies depending on the ingredients and cook, making a unique dish that goes hand in hand with the tradition of the town or the economic situation of the person who prepared.
Origin of Garlic Soup
It has its origins in rural areas that converge in the region of Castilla y León, so it is well known in the gastronomy of Camino, especially in the area of the French Way. It is easy to prepare as the ingredients are at hand are used, as originally were farm workers.
It serves tradition at Easter, typical date where the aroma of garlic soup engages pilgrims. If you pass by Zamora Easter dates will be common to meet with its characteristic aroma.
Ready to prepare your own Garlic Soup?
You must be cautious ingredients so you get the desired result, so you can make both the hostel and in the comfort of your home.
- 165 gr prosciutto
- 10 slices of stale bread (or the day before)
- 6 eggs
- 9 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 liter of water or broth (Meat or chicken)
Preparation of Garlic Soup
- Peel the garlic heads and then pícalas in not so small pieces. Take advantage and prepares to cut the ham into pieces too.
- Take a pan and pour a little oil, Now let's make a sauce with garlic and ham hocks. It will be ready when the garlic begins to take a golden color
- In the same pan, adds 5 slices of bread and mix well, when they are lightly toasted, Pour the mixture paprika, This gives its distinctive red.
- In a pot pour water or broth, put it on the fire and pour the bread. Now stir gently until everything is mixed and then boil for 20 minutes over low heat, while it reaches the boiling point.
- In the meantime,,es,The Jacobean Route sets a new record attendance after rising in,,es,lath maximum number of pilgrims in one year,,es,The cake Compostela a loan from the Cathedral of Santiago document which certifies that the pilgrim has traveled more than,,es,kilometers to the city of Santiago de Compostela,,es,Forecasts managed by the Xunta de Galicia were increased between,,es,increase in the numbers of the Jacobean pilgrimage routes,,es,due to which,,es,along with the progressive increase in these years,,es,the Galician regional government will invest one million euros to maintain infrastructure,,es,in good condition,,es, pon toasting bread in other olive oil, Passing 20 minute you put it as a float in the soup and wait for tender.
- Por último, turn off the heat and pour the eggs into the soup, stir and let stand for 3 a 5 minutes.
And to eat!
Did you liked our post?
Please, Rate this article estrellitas
Your opinion matters to us!